History of Classis Georgetown

imagescan32tpxIn 1988 a decision was made that the classes of Grandville and Zeeland had both become too large, so a new classis was born consisting of churches in eastern Ottawa County. This was named Classis Georgetown. The oldest church in Classis Georgetown is First Jenison CRC, which was organized in 1902, and the church most recently organized was Friendship Chapel in 1998. In addition there are two emerging churches; Searchlight Ministries and Alive Ministries, for a total of 20 congregations that are working together to transform lives and communities.

  

To listen to an audio recording of the worship service that took place on September 22, 1988, to mark the organization of Classis Georgetown, please click here.